1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 - My Short List

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

McCain scares me to death, mostly because of my $100 bet with Jones, but also because he can change his mind on the war at any time. If he does it right, and begins a groundswell of GOP support for troop withdrawal, he could still get the GOP nomination.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

But that will never happen.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

One more thing about McCain, do any of us want a 72-year-old president?

4. I talked to McCain in person a few weeks ago. My biggest impression of him is he is not a healthy looking guy. Pasty thin and sweaty.

And take the war away from his platform and there's not a lot left, IMO. Not like there used to be.

Add: Met his mom, too. She's probably got more spunk in her than he does.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No, but I wasn't aware you were running. What's your position on school vouchers?

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Doc, I will not vote for anyone older than me.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Nor will McCain be

8. Flying Headbutt

I can't ever take that seriously. Especially when, once upon a time at a dive bar in Blacksburg, Va, I went up to a cowboy looking dude while I was waiting in line to use the bathroom and told him "I didn't know it was rooo-dee-ohhhhh niiiiiiiight." Since I was a foot taller than him he didn't say anything. But it was my city slicker superiority at its finest, five years ago or so. But perhaps not my best moment personally.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Cowboys tend to be small guys, but I'm surprised you didn't get your ass kicked. Out here, they'd have ganged up on you. Those boys don't put up with no city slicker smartassery! :D

10. Flying Headbutt

There wasn't a lasso big enough for me and all my friends there. Hell, there wasnt' a lasso big enough for our bar bill back then. Those were the days, just after college.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Oh the days of being young and dumb . . .

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If Kucinich ever made the November ballot, I'd vote for him in a second. As far as realistic candidates, I'd lean toward Obama.

Draft saved Draft deleted