1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 - My Short List

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Dec 9, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You should move out West, darling. We have open primaries. I voted in the GOP one last time b/c of the governor's race. :D

And yes, I'm batshit insane, dammit!

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I've lived in open primary states before. I just don't now.

And out west? See, the problem as I explained it to an ex who moved out west was, when I hit the bars here at night, I like the fact I can watch a ball game all the way up until last call or so, live as it happens. Out there, I don't even get to the bars until the games are over. And then wtf am I supposed to do, talk to people?!

3. sportschick

Naw, you just watch the Hawaii games, that don't tip off till 10 or 11 Pacific time ;)

4. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

So I read Audacity of Hope recently, and I really believe an Obama presidency would be completely opposite of the one right now -- especially in regards to foreign policy.

Now I'm not ready to proclaim him Mr. perfect candidate, but his time spent living in Africa, and to a degree Hawaii, gives him an invaluable world view a lot of the other candidates don't have.

In a perfect world it'd be Obama vs. Paul, but the past tells me it's gonna be Hillary vs. Guiliani or another of the lame GOP candidates. I just hope I'm proven wrong.

5. Flying Headbutt

And what happens during baseball season? You got no answer for me then!!!

6. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I would seriously consider voting for Obama unless his opponent was someone I thought I could really get behind. But Obama is the only Dem I would consider.

7. sportschick

Late night rodeo on Versus.

8. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

I'm thinking Biden in the primaries. Obama would be second choice. I want to like Edwards, but can't do it.

On the other side, I could endure a McCain presidency, and Romney would be likely be tolerable because he, like Hillary, would basically be a weathervane.

Giuliani's a fucking clown (his new Iran hostages ad put me over the top; even the Reagan-worshiping guy I work with knows it's total bullshit), and a dangerous one at that.

9. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Late-night rodeo sounds kinda like something that should be on HBO or Skinemax, truth be told.

That said, the Green Party tapping Cynthia McKinney has put my loyalty up for sale. Talk about batshit crazy...

Obama and Kucinich are making more sense than anyone, which says quite a bit about me, perhaps.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

To quote Derrick Coleman:
    Whoop-de-damn-doo.

Why should I give a fuck who's on boob's "short list?" It has nothing to do with what I might think of any of the potential candiates.

And anyone who thinks McCain is stlil a serious candidate is a moron.

11. Flying Headbutt

You're being incredibly short-sighted, spnited. McCain is definitely serious among the GOP loyalty who still have their convictions. Were it not for his stance on the war, he'd be in my top 3. In fact, the war is the only reason he isn't.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Were it not for his pandering to the current Idiot in Chief who slandered him, McCain might have some credibilty.

Draft saved Draft deleted