1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 MLB All-Star Game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by pressboxramblings07, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Do any of you have any idea about when tickets will go on sale for All-Star weekend next year? I've looked around and found some early travel packages (that cost out of this world already), but I'm trying to find a release date and face value for tickets.

I'm a life-long Yankees fan stuck in small-town, USA who needs to get to Yankee Stadium for a game before one of baseball's biggest landmarks is bulldozed. I'll be in NYC in December-January and I'll get to see the stadium but won't get to a game until next summer, and there won't be a better time than All-Star weekend.

Any help?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Good luck to you in getting them

3. It'll be tough, but I'll be snatching them up as soon as they come out. There's no way I won't watch a game at Yankee Stadium before it's gone.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

A little off topic, but how come the game is in a National League park two years in a row (Pittsburgh last year and San Fran this year).

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

So it could be in Yankee Stadium next year instead of AL park this year

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Among my 25 sports things to do before I die, an All-Star game is on the list.

7. chester

chester Member

I think I remember it being a way to appease both the Pirates and Giants who had opened new ballparks recently. They had to make a special exception, if I can recall, for Pittsburgh to get it since it had last hosted it only in 1994. So, baseball allowed the Giants to host it this year to make amends for that.

I think that's what I remember reading about it. I could be wrong. It didn't have anything to do with Yankee Stadium, because when the games were awarded, there was no set date for Yankee Stadium to close.

Draft saved Draft deleted