1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Heisman Trophy thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Dec 10, 2008.

?

Of the finalists, which one does SJ.com--and there are Heisman voters on the board--wins College Foo

1. Colt McCoy

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Sam Bradford

24 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. Tim Tebow

21 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I thought about starting this thread last year, but for reasons I can no longer remember, I didn't. After today's announcement, I thought it might make for an interesting discussion.

Any of the three would be a worthy of the trophy. What it came down to, for me, was how would the teams fare without the quarterbacks. I think OU and Florida would be fine; maybe not national title contenders, but would play in a New Year's Bowl. If McCoy wasn't playing for UT, they would have more than one loss.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Bradford will win it. QB on great team that was in the spotlight every week for the last month. It's his. McCoy suffers because all his big games came early. It'll be Bradford, Tebow and McCoy. Maybe McCoy sneaks in second if there's enough Tebow backlash.

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i wonder who tebow will vote for

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Here's my question: Why are only three players making the trip?

5. Bradford will win it. I think McCoy finishes second with Tebow very close behind.

I don't think any of them are the best player in college football, although the Heisman winner rarely is the true best.

McCoy has a great shot next year.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Because nobody cares about Lubbock, Texas.

It does seem odd that Harrell wasn't at least invited, but there was no chance he was gonna win it after Tech's debacle against OU.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

That's exactly right. Harrell should have been invited but after OU stomped a mudhole and walked it dry, he and Crabtree weren't going to win.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

OUTING ALERT: Hockeybeat is WWE announcer Jim Ross.

9. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

This should be Bradford's award.

Even in the team's one loss he still threw five touchdowns. He's a stud. Tebow had it last year and although he had a fantastic last half of the season, Bradford's numbers are better. And McCoy will be the frontrunner for next season.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

After no sophomores for what, 72 years, we're gonna have two in a row. Maybe they can start recognizing defensive players one of these days, too. No, Charles Woodson doesn't count. That Heisman vote was a travesty.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Tebow should win it, but Bradford figures to win the closest three-way race in memory.

And the championship game will show the voters the error of their ways.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

I think Tebow will win that game, but Bradford's had the better year.

Draft saved Draft deleted