1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Final Four fast-breaking thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

that's some quick work there 2mCM. (Or: what my wife says every night)

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

Just once, I wanted to start one of these things. :)

I got UCLA-UNC Monday night.
  4. Kansas-UCLA.
    A lot of coach-love from every TV pundit.
    Memphis -- probation by '10.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In my pool entry, I had Kansas-UCLA, with Kansas winning. Memphis is causing me severe doubts about the bottom part of that parlay.
  6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

If Rush can hit shots (unlike tonight), I'd say Kansas pulls the upset over UNC. Otherwise I see UNC-UCLA, though Memphis has beaten everyone who was supposed to upset them.
  7. Oz

Oz Active Member

If KU beats UCLA, not only do I finally get to really enjoy One Shining Moment, but I would pocket $275 in my office pool ... so here's hoping that it's finally KU's time.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

For whatever reason, I just feel Kansas will beat Carolina. They can run with 'em, and I think play better defense. They sure played solid defense today.
  9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Roy against Kansas in thre semis...good times.

Carolina and Memphis have been the best teams throughout the tourney. No reason to doubt them now.
  10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I hadn't really thought about it until this week when all the talk about Self not reaching a Final Four heated up, but he's on pace to be one of the winningest coaches of all time and now he's got a Final Four. If he gets a title or two he might go down as one of the best ever.

He's 45 right now with 347 victories. If he wins 22 games a year for 20 more years, which is fairly conservative, he'll be at 787. 25 wins a year for 25 more years and he's at 972.
  11. nafselon

nafselon Active Member

UCLA wins it all.
  12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

As boring as most of this weekend was, I'm excited for what could be one of the better final fours in years. These were the best four teams all season and it should be a fun weekend.
Draft saved Draft deleted