1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Baseball Thread: Jeffrey Leonard Part 6 edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly. I am a big fan of both, but only Soria has shown that he can handle closing.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Thanks Simon. I missed that one. There are deals for $2 million per year or less in there. According to the MLBPA, the average salary of a major-league player in 2007 was $2,824,751. Very exciting when a small-market team signs a guy willing to take less than the average major leaguer.

How could I possibly think the Yankees and their payroll over $200 million and two players making over $20 million for 2008 have an advantage when the Pirates are spending a whopping $3.06 million to lock up Matt Capps for two years!? What could I have been thinking!?

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Perhaps before you rant about the system's unfairness outofplace, maybe you should criticize the incompetence of the Pirates' ownership and front office personnel.

4. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

;D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.