1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 AL/NL Manager of the Year

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KevinmH9, Sep 11, 2008.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I weep for the lack of love Gardy gets.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maddon's a no-brainer, and so is Piniella even if the Cubbies don't make it to Oct. 15.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Maddon will get the award, and he should. But Gardenhire and Guillen deserve a lot of consideration. Both teams were also supposed to suck, and are now going against each other for the AL Central title.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'll cup his stuff just for you.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

I think Scioscia is the best manager in baseball. But the AL manager of the year is Maddon, no question.

The NL is between Louie P -- one of my all time favorites - and Jerry Manuel, my fanboi choice.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If you could give it for last the half of the year, Cito Gaston.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Good point.

8. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Maddon should get every first-place vote in the AL.

Piniella over J. Manuel in the NL, no one else within spitting distance of them.

9. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Tony LaRussa in the NL. Have you seriously seen the Cards roster? Can you even name anyone in the infield besides Pujols?

The Cubs are loaded, the Mets are loaded, the Brewers are loaded, the Astros have offense. Only in the past few weeks have the Cards dropped from the playoff picture.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

11. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Houston's ahead of the Cards now and by all accounts were supposed to be absolutely terrible. Now they are 80-67 and fighting for a Wild Card spot.

It's Joe Maddon and Cecil Cooper.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Remember when everyone blasted the Astros for being buyers, acquiring Randy Wolf at the deadline? Guess the Astros knew better than everyone else.

Draft saved Draft deleted