1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008/09 NHL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Sep 17, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I won't disagree with your post, but I just wanted to clear something up. Stamkos can't play in the American League this year, nor can he next year. As he was drafted from an OHL team (the Sarnia Sting), while he still has junior eligibility left, TB can assign him back to Sarnia only (unless they choose to keep him in Tampa, of course). He can't play in the AHL until he's 20, which in his case isn't until the 2010-2011 season.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

The Leaves have bid farewell to Colaiacovo and said helloooooo, Lee Stempniak.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Alex Steen gone too, in the same deal.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Wow. Heard possible rumblings of something like that happeneing but didn't think it was really all that serious. The Maple Leafs actually got the best of this deal I think. Little surprised by that fact.

Maybe a fresh start will get Steen going, he's been killing me in one of my pools.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Don't know much anything about Stempniak but Colaiacovo and Steen may reach their unrealised potential in a new city. Colaiacovo has been accused of being out of shape and Steen is a softie.

Good luck to both of 'em.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I like those a lot. Beats the hell out of the Senators and Lightning sweaters. just terrible.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Stempniak has been solid in his first few years in the league (scored 27 goals a couple of seasons ago), but took a step back the last year and a half. I believe potential-wise he tops out ahead of Steen -- Colaiacovo was a spare part at this point with his injury history and the depth of defencemen in toronto.

http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=62872

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Couldn't happen to a better franchise. stupid stars. I hope you like prolonged post-seasons.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The Canucks start what could be a long stretch without Luongo tonight against the Wings. Sanford starts tonight but I would bet that the new #1 in Vancouver will be Schneider, who is tearing up the AHL.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

We'll see.

Draft saved Draft deleted