1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008/09 NHL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Fucking play by play guy jinxes the Oilers tonight. Couldn't fucking believe it.
    "And the Oilers fans are starting to sense victory here . . . "

Flame steps across the blue-line and wires it top shelf past a screened Roloson. Happened within two seconds. Guy should be drawn and quartered.

And MacTavish still needs to be fired.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

CP's story was absolutely brutal in comparison. Instead of quoting the game MVP, he quoted his mother. Didn't mention anything about the head coach being out due to a heart attack as a reason to quoting the AC. And lede was absolutely brutal in comparison. It's too bad. I feel like I could have wrote the hell out of the story, and the version CP sent missed on so many levels.

3. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

I wasn't there. But I know the coaches were very protective of the players leading up to the game. Have no idea what access was like afterward. There were tons of media there, nothing formally set up for the media and a scramble afterward because there are two more championship games to follow. So he might have been restricted and satisfied with what he had to get.
    Still, I agree. I could have written the hell out of the story as well. I'll be interested to see how our guy handles it.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

So when a number is honoured, does anyone else ever wear it? If not, what's the difference?

Not a huge Sundin fan, but had to chuckle at him getting the game-winner. If ever a game WAS fixed, JR, that had to be it. Not like it's costing the Leafs a playoff spot or anything.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

They dont' retire numbers .That's why Mahvolich, Sittler and some schlub from a few years ago wore #27

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Nice shot by Lombardi to knot the game.

Oil couldn't pull off a decent shootout move to save their lives. That and Kipper was feeling his oats with the stick.

Sorry, Beef ... I was watching this one. Can't believe they let that one get away, either ...

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Sam,look at the source, this is a guy who doesn't like diversity.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Sammy is agreeing with you, JC.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I know, I was just saying that we shouldn't be shocked, Mark1223374 is a racist Fuck, that is all.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Check out some of these pictures of Carey Price and some other Canadiens.

http://communities.canada.com/theprovince/blogs/kurtenblog/archive/2009/02/19/kurten-call-pics-of-partying-habs-obama-visits-canada-willie-mitchell-has-a-big-stick.aspx

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The blog was actually quite humerous.

One thing that bothers me is people getting up in arms about athletes who party. You have three photos taken over an unspecified amount of time of of rich, young, athletes who are basically gods in their own city. It's not like anyone shot them selves in the leg. As long as it is occasional and not every night to the point where it is effecting their game, I have no problem with them going out time and enjoying their spoils at least somewhat responsibly. It's like the Matt Leinart photos of him at the hot tub party from last summer, big whoop. He's a 25-year old millionaire quarterback. Are you not supposed to be living the life?

rant over.

Draft saved Draft deleted