1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008/09 NHL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Good thing Don Cherry is in Cambellton, NB, so he can't kiss Mats Sundin like he did with Doug Gilmour.

Can't retire Sundin's number yet cause he's still playing. Might even come back to the Leafs some day. Long shot, I know, but stranger things have happened.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Leafs don't retire numbers. They "honour" them. Only exceptions are Ace Bailey and Bill Barilko.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Sorry, that was my post. Forgot to change the login on your laptop

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Beat me to it. Not stereotyping much, are you Mark?

5. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Wait a damn second ... you really are HC, too, aren't you? You paid that woman to go to the Goose with you when I was there.

I knew something smelled fishy that night ... and it wasn't because I had a really short skirt on.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Exposed. :)

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Sorry I couldn't resist once the volley had been thrown out there.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Jesus. Sundin just scored the shootout winner against the Leafs.

Fucking game was fixed.

9. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Sorry. I love you but that made me laugh really hard.

10. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

Great day for fairy tale endings. The Bathurst High School basketball kids won a provincial title today; a little more than a year after seven of their kids were killed in a van accident. Not to threadjack, but...

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'll say here what I said out loud when McCabe beat the Leafs recently - if you spear guys like that in the face on their first shift of the night, or cross check them in the throat, they don't score winning goals against you. It's a known fact.

You know, I'd have more Cup rings than Scotty Bowman if these teams would just fucking listen to me....:(

Draft saved Draft deleted