1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008/09 NHL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Sep 17, 2008.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Somehow, Tampa Bay's Steven Stamkos has just completed a natural hat trick against the Blackhawks, including the last two in 1:12.

The Blackhawks have outshot the Lightning 29-12 to this point, and yet Karri Ramo is playing very nicely in net. You just wonder when the epic collapse occurs.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Hawks will be hurting for a bit with Khabibulin and Sharp out.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

How's that Cristobal Huet thing working out?

I'm sure he'd love to be back in DC and playing for a legit cup contender (well, supposedly, I can't see them doing it this year, maybe next year and certainly in two years when Varlamov is in net).

4. writing irish

Huet's been awfully inconsistent, despite being good overall.

Huet would have a better shot at the Cup with the Caps, true, but he's not tearing it up now like he did in DC. He seems to play better when he gets more starts. The Hawks seem willing to stick with him.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

There's that collapse I was talking about.

Hawks 4, Lightning 3, seven minutes to go.

6. writing irish

Don't Toews me, bro!

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Wow, that's horrifically bad, and yet funny. :D

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Someone should send that to the Black Hawks.
    Classic.

10. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Did anybody else see the two saves Kiprusoff just made? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

No, but I just flicked over the OTF, hopefully they'll have them in the highlight.

Wow, just saw it. Heck of a job, shame the Flames couldn't find a game-winner.

12. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

They had it. They just couldn't hold onto it.

And I have no faith in them during a shootout. Cammalleri, Iginla and Bertuzzi? Hell, Iginla is 1-for-3 on attempts and Bertuzzi is 1-for-4.

Sure, they're your names but Christ almighty, did you see that spin move Bertuzzi attempted?

What a foof.

Draft saved Draft deleted