1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008-09 NBA Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Oct 28, 2008.

1. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Oklahoma is a good sports state, but there isn't the population or wealth there that there is most pro sports markets. That makes the risks higher and the payoffs lower for ownership. Fan enthusiasm can only get you so far given today's sky-high tickets, concessions, parking, etc. I'm sure I'm hopelessly out of touch since I only attend events when I'm working, but I don't know how or why people shell out the cash they do to see these games.

Leaving Seattle was a mistake; chalk it up to hubris. I'd be somewhat surprised if the "Thunder" are still in OKC in ten years.

2. dargan

dargan Active Member

Sorry to break it to you, but PHX won't get out of the first round again.

San Antonio looked fine. Tonight was a perfect example of the games PHX wins in the regular season against SA, and the games SA wins against PHX in the playoffs.

PHX looked like it was playing a playoff game tonight, while SA looked like it was practicing. Healthy Ginobili = double-digit SA win.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

i hope boston plays san antonio in the finals. that'd be fun for me.

4. dargan

dargan Active Member

I thought they were gonna play last year. I don't think either gets there this year.

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Ridnour has been shit in the NBA

6. Does Mario Chalmers actually have a chance to be a good NBA point guard? He had 17 points and 8 assists last night. I don't know how often second-round guys sustain that kind of pace, but it certainly was a good first night for him, considering he was just named the Heat's starter like two days ago.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Is Adam Morrison back and playing yet? Is he just going to be a bust?

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

He played worthlessly tonite against the Cavs.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

After being sky high on the Trail Blazers, they stunk it up against the Lakers and Oden in particular looked shaky. No offensive moves (as Barkley railed on TV).

Still, Rudy Fernandez has a sweet shot and knows how to play offense. If he played with Nash he'd be a 25 pt scorer.

10. spud

spud Member

I didn't see the Suns play last night but they look sloppy and unorganized in the half court tonight. 20-something turnovers through two and a half. I can suspect that they were out and running last night and the Spurs were too old and slow to keep up at times. Whoops, can't do that against the Hornets.

And as good as NO is, I see the Lakers in their current state losing maybe two or three games all playoffs this year.

11. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

I hope the Cavs win it. I think the Hornets are my personal pick right now though.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Mavs get punked at home in Carlisle's debut. Artest goes off for 29 in his first Rockets game.

Looks like more of the same. The Mavs have passed the torch long ago. They'll be just good enough to squeeze ahead of Golden State and then get drummed out by the Rockets or Hornets in 5.

Maybe they'll do better if Josh Howard keeps his head on straight. He had 28 and 11 tonight and apparently, his bad summer has been forgiven by fans. Other than Howard and Nowitzki, though, this team looks ooooooold.

Draft saved Draft deleted