1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008-09 NBA Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Oct 28, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Gotta love Gregg Popavich. He calls for a hack a Shack in the first minute of the game tonight, Shack looks over at Pop who gives him two thumbs up. Like the beard Pop. For a second I thought Donald Sutherland took over the Spurs.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Oden out 4-6 weeks.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5icnHU0R4eVEkld6rtgxqAwIFYkKwD944G86O0

3. dargan

dargan Active Member

I'll go on the record right now with New Orleans over Cleveland in 6 in the Finals.

4. DanOregon

The Oregonian and ESPN is reporting Oden is out 2-4 weeks. Maybe AP knows something different though. I wouldn't be surprised if he's out until January.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Just noticed Oklahoma City is losing.

I hope they go 0-82. Fuck those owners.

6. DanOregon

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The money quote:

I'm not a Sonics fan, but growing up in Seattle, I saw a ton of their games and would root for them when the Celtics were struggling to yet another 18-win season.

So, I was pretty pissed when they were moved.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I hate the Spurs. I mean HATE.

I know as a Phoenix fan, that I'm suppose to hate the Lakers. Fuck that. The Spurs ARE the enemy. HATE. HATE. HATE THEM.

Tonight was beautiful. I know, it's the regular season. But goddamn I hate San Antonio. If Tim Duncan hit that open 3 at the end, I might have thrown something through the window.

And Amare's dunk in the fourth quarter over about four Spurs was sick.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

While the Clippers are a lower-tier playoff team, if that, they'll be fun to watch if Baron Davis stays healthy.

10. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

From the end of the MIL-OKC box:

A—19,136 (19,675)

Major league city, my ass.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yep. Not selling out the season opener is ridiculous.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

They played the Bucks, you know.

Uh, nevermind. That's amazingly pathetic -- I'd feel like shit if I was a Sonics fan -- and probably an omen of things to come. Can't imagine what the numbers will look like when the Thunder have 13 wins in mid-April.

Draft saved Draft deleted