1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008-09 NBA Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Oct 28, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Kind of surprised Jackson broke out his "X" cap while everyone else was wearing the standard NBA champs hat. Kind of a douchy move considering not all of his championships were with the Lakers, most were with the Bulls.
    Though I must admit, I don't think Jackson's record will ever be broken the way the NBA is these days. Auerbach wouldn't have won in this environment. Coaches have to be good coaches, team shrink, motivator and toughest of all getting the most out of their team without pissing off the team's best player. Jackson has 10 only because Jordan and Kobe allowed him to be there.

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Shaq wouldn't have won the one in Miami had Wade not played the best he will ever play.

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Didn't he say his kids made it up for him as a gift? And he broke the record of a guy who had the douchiest postgame celebration in the history of sports, so even if it was, I think it'd be all right. And Red would probably appreciate it, after getting a verbal swipe in.

4. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I also thought the audio was bad, especially compared to what I was getting for the Tribe game on Sunday night baseball. I just chalked it up to my local ABC affiliate being bush league, but maybe not.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Funny things:

1) Kobe taking all the shots after the Lakers had all but clinched - in search, apparently, of a "dagger." Missed like four of five.
    2) Joey Buss. My goodness. What a human.
    3) The "X" hat. What an awful and arrogant thing.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

1. Agreed.
    2. Also agreed. Debaclel.
    3. Awful and arrogant? Good Lord. Lighten up. It's a hat. Who gives a shit?

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I didn't see this posted anywhere, but talks are ongoing to send Shaq to the Cavs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4257421

8. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Fixed.

9. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

I like the deal. The Cavs are basically getting a free year of Shaq then it's $20 mil off the books for the big summer.

10. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

It automatically gives the Cavs a "big man" whom, besides LeBron, they severely lack. It was evident during the Magic-Cavs series that Ilgauskas could not defend Dwight Howard in the paint.

11. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Is a 38-year-old Shaq going to be able to do much better next winter and spring?

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I would not trade a bag of practice basketballs and a warm six-pack for Shaq right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted