1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008-09 NBA Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

the clips without brand will be the same ol' shitty clips.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I tend not to pay attention the NBA until after Christmas (judging from the play tonight, the players don't either), but man, Oden down already with an ankle. Not good.

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Oden rolled the same one jumping into a trench during World War II.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

It's the first game of the season. It'll be a while before everyone's in tip-top shape.

Tip-top? Did spnited plant a mind-control chip in my head?

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

It was The Great War, I think.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Blazers weren't so much fun to watch tonight, were they? :)

7. What the hell does Scott Skiles see in Luke Ridnour? I swear he played 46 minutes last night. I just don't think he's an NBA starting point guard, at least not for a good team.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

He was really good at Oregon ... a long time ago.

9. Sessions is the best point guard on that team. He proved it in the last few weeks last year. But that's Skiles for you.

10. Is it just me? Or did Greg Oden look like complete horseshit last night?

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

5 boards in limited action is pretty good.

Charles Barkley being Charles Barkley (from USA Today):
    TNT's Charles Barkley, at a New York lunch Monday with reporters, said new Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni will be better than his predecessor because he "probably won't try to kill himself." Said Barkley, after TNT execs on hand noted it was an on-the-record event: "That's my fault." Good catch.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

SportsCenter went a bit too nutso over Rose today. It was just one game. Let's see where the rook is when he hits the first of many walls. Not to mention, he's going to get schooled often.

That said, he looks like he can hang. But we also said that about David Rivers way back when (even though Rivers had 4 years of college).

Draft saved Draft deleted