1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008-09 Hot Stove Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

I'm late to the party, but if my team signed Dunn, I'd be excited. Well, not as excited as if they'd signed Tex, but still. I like Dunn a lot. Sure, he'll frustrate the hell out of you at times with his Ks, but all (OK, most) power hitters do to some extent. I'll take 40+ homers any day.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Joke

Kevin's head

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Oh, damn. I guess it would helped if I read a few posts previous to that one. Awful, awful joke. ;D

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fuck Wily Mo, seriously.

I think the Sox should trade Buchholz to the Astros for Miguel Tejada.

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Buchholz is definitely gone, but when and where he'll be going is anyone's guess.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I'm sure some would consider that a Sterling trade in a Silver fantasy league.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Sox aren't trading Buchholz. You think Smoltz, Wakefield and Penny are going to make 80 starts between them?

8. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

They didn't seem too shy about putting Buchholz on the trading block when Saltalamacchia rumors starting swirling. While I wouldn't like to see him go, I think he still needs a lot of work in the minors, but Masterson will likely make some starts, too.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I like Dunn a lot, but as a Cubs fanboy who watches WAY too many NL Central games, Dunn is a better player when you don't watch him every day.

I'd take him on my team, especially if my team was solid defensively at shortstop and centerfield, but his strikeouts and horrible defense can be frustrating.

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

And I'll add this: Dunn and Pena's batting practice will be a spectacle. Those are two massive guys with massive power.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Except Pena won't be there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.