1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008-09 college basketball thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by steveu, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Arizona made it.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

How is Villanova allowed to play in Philadelphia? I thought there was a rule that prevented teams from playing at home in the first two rounds?

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

The rule is you can't play at a venue where you're serving as the host (save the Final Four, obviously) or where you've played more than three games. I know Nova played Louisville at Wachovia, but I'm not sure who else they played against there.

They may have played a game or two in the old Spectrum as well this season.

4. DCaraviello

DCaraviello Member

The ACC final was broadcast by both ESPN and Raycom. In "home" ACC markets like mine, I got the ACC final on Raycom on a CBS affiliate -- over the SEC final, which was shunted to an alternate Comcast station I didn't find until the second half. The nighttime SEC first round games and quarterfinals were bumped for the same reason. Not sure what the ESPN Regional plan will look like next season, but I hope it's better than this.

By the way, with an NIT opener against Davidson and a potential second-round game against St. Mary's, Devan Downey is going to have his hands full. At least for those of us who care about such things.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

come on, wazzu is gonna beat st. mary's.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Open letters I'd love to see written.......

"Dear delusional N.C. State fans -- Fuck You and have fun in the N.I.T. I'll tell you all abou the NCAA Tournament once we arrive there at the end of the week......" [\Herb Sendek]

And of course,

"Dear delusional and racist Kentucky fans -- Fuck you and have fun in the N.I.T. for the first time in forever. Maybe a few of you can drive to Greensboro and root for Minnesota in the NCAA Tournament...." [\Tubby Smith]

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Zagoshe, that was beautiful. Exactly the way Herb and Tubby would have wrote it, if they didn't have to show class and respect.

Stay classy Raleigh and Lexington!

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I am on my phone, so I can't link to it, but Pat Forde had a blog entry about how some prominent UK boosters went to Indy to root on Tubby instead of going to Tampa. Granted, that probably says more about Billy Clyde than it does Tubby.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I just heard the North Dakota State coach do an interview on ESPN radio, and he was hilarious. Anyone dealt with him before? Is he always that hilarious?

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Saul Phillips, former assistant under Bo Ryan at Wisconsin and Milwaukee ... and yes.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

He certainly didnt learn it from Bo

12. The Pissing On Lawns Tour is on the move again!

Draft saved Draft deleted