1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008-09 college basketball thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by steveu, Oct 22, 2008.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Except for the fact that those aren't very good. They're just more mediocre than the teams that will make the tournament. And no, there will be no good teams in the CBI. This is a weak year in college basketball. There are very few legitimately good teams out there.

2. actually, if he lives in the ACC's "footprint" and his local CBS station is also an ACC Raycom affiliate, it is fuck Raycom - the ACC final will be on 1-2 stations (his local CBS and ESPN unless ESPN is blacked out), while the SEC final will be on none.

used to happen to me every year when I lived in North Carolina. communists.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Even though the ACC final was an all-ESPN production? Raycom had nothing to do with televising the ACC final.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The NIT Final Four -- Penn State, Auburn, Providence and Virginia Tech -- in other words, the four best mediocre major program teams out there left over after slightly better mediocre teams have all been taken to the real tournament..... ..........

5. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Speaking of the CBI, what's the over-under on how late the bracket will come out this year?

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

And will they beat the CollegeInsider.com bracket to the wires?

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Well I've seen that Oregon State and Wichita State both accepted bids to the CBI, so only 14 more to go.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Does anyone know when the "other" tournaments will release their brackets?

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Oregon State!? They were 13-17. I take back what I said earlier about some good teams maybe filtering down to that atrocity of a tournament.

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I was under the understanding that the teams in both the CBI and collegeinsider.com tournaments had to be .500.
    Am I wrong?

EDIT: Apparently for the collegeinsider.com tournament...

"Participating teams must finish the regular season with a winning record against division I opponents. Teams whose conferences have less than fifty-percent (50%) of their teams participating in the NCAA and NIT tournaments will be given higher priority for selection into the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament."

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Maybe the CBI is trying to get Obama to notice them.

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I think the CollegeInsider tournament is the one where you have to be .500 or better against D-I opponents.

Draft saved Draft deleted