1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008-09 college basketball thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by steveu, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Chapel Hill has always dealt with expectations. This could be more than even the Heels can handle. If his teammates stand around and watch Tyler Hansbrough again, they're in trouble.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Aren't the Heels over the salary cap this year?

I mean, they have Hansbrough, Lawson and Ellington all back...

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Solid cross-thread. :)

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I'm gonna go out on a limb here: Missouri will be terrible.

5. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

If Samardo Samuels is as good as advertised, Louisville is going to have the best front-court in America.

I don't know if there's a team that could match up with Terrence Williams, Earl Clark and Samuels. The Cards may look a little odd early without the big white passing stiff (aka David Padgett) in the middle, but Samuels should allow them to get out and run the floor a little more than Padgett did. And with the athletes Louisville has (add in guards Edgar Sosa and Jerry Smith), it'll be tough to defend or score against.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'm also going to go out on a limb: people here will complain about lack of respect for the mid-majors

7. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

The re-addition of Bobby Frasor is going to make a major difference for UNC. Kansas may still beat the Heels in the final four, but the first 10 minutes would not have gone like they did if ol' Roy had Frasor to bring off the bench instead of Quentin "I make bad decisions" Thomas.
    With Frasor back, it's all gravy until March. That's when Roy "If Dean didn't teach it, I don't know it" Williams will screw the pooch.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, it's true, you know.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

pwns hofstra

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I will kill you.

(how'd you find a pimp daddy pose of George Mason? nice work)

11. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I'm going to go out on a limb here: this is the only college sports thread that I can talk about Syracuse and not get laughed off the board.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yet, Phil Ford is no longer there to buy them all beer on his university-issued credit card.

Draft saved Draft deleted