1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008-09 college basketball thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by steveu, Oct 22, 2008.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Well, since I had the honor of starting last year's thread I figured I'd do the honors again. Yeah, we're still a few weeks away from serious game action, but I figured people would want to chime in.

Hansbrough player of the year? Does North Carolina win the tournament? Pretty stacked team.

First I get through the World Series, then I can't wait for Nov. 10. Have at it. ;D

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'll write this now as long as you remember it later: UNC will find a way to piss it away.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Wazzu's basketball team might score more points in their first game than the football team has all season.

4. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Love me some WAC basketball

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I just wrote 10 team previews for the SportsXChange and don't want to think about hoops again for a while.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops hoops

(suck it Cosmo!!!! :D :D)

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Given that UNC returned all its guys, they've got to be in the mix...

In the Big East, UConn might stand a chance this year if some of their guys stay out of trouble...

8. I think this will be an up year for the Holy Cross Crusaders. I understand they have some talented white guys who can shoot some threes.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good to see Calhoun is placing his usual emphasis on character and chemistry.

Someone will knock them off before the Final Four. Again.

10. UConn has already lost freshman nate miles because he violated a restraining order. Miles was supposed to be that wing scorer that calhoun thought would get the huskies over the top. He was being compared to rip hamilton.

oh well, let's go georgetown!!!!!

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

gardner-webb is the tits.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

A sad note for the football team, considering Wazzu has a Bennett at the helm (even though Tony's teams have had a bit more up-tempo than his dad's).

Draft saved Draft deleted