1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2007: The Year Without An Autumn

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Oct 7, 2007.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Summer ends for upstate New Yorkers this weekend. We'll hit 80 on Monday and barely be at 60 on Saturday.

This weekend was gorgeous. I worked.

Next weekend is raining. I have it off.

2. all the more reason to grab a mojito and go to the pool. Keep on bringing the warm temperatures here in Texas

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Yup, snow's a possibility in the 2 week forecast. Ahhh, life in upstate new york.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Supposed to hit 30C here tomorrow--that's about 85F.

Normal temperature for this time of year is mid 50's.

There's something weird and un-Canadian about going to a hockey game in shorts and a t-shirt

5. It was over 90 in Baltimore. Being from the North East originally, I'm not built for this heat. I should be in sweatshirts and long pants, not naked on my balcony.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Record highs expected in DC Monday and Tuesday.

7. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I appreciate that visual. Now if you excuse me, I think I have some ammonia underneath my sink to cleanse my eyes.

8. Great. Naked Tuesday!!

Seriously though, does anyone remember a warmer October?

9. Hey now, my handle is "Theoldbenchwarmer" but I'm actually under 25, and in fantastic physical health (that's not completely true, but I don't need your blindness on my conscience.)

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Forecast Tuesday high here in Mysteryville: 95
    Saturday low: 41

Gotta love fall.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I spent way more time on my Jet Ski this weekend than I did in August and September combined. Of course, I didn't have time because of work in August and in September it wasn't running right. Put three new spark plugs in yesterday and rode it around. Then rode it a bunch today to burn some of the gas because today I had to get it on the trailer for the winter. Next week is time to get the pontoon boat out -- or, maybe put the Jet Ski back in.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Indian Summer is when you have warm weather after the first frost. (no frost where I am...not with a high of 88 this weekend) Don't look too much at those long range forecasts. If you go out more than 3-4 days, no telling what you can get.

Personally, I think we will go from summer right into winter with just a couple weeks of fall.

Draft saved Draft deleted