1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2007 NFL uniforms thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Sandman

Sandman Member

[​IMG]

I'm on the fence on these Titans uniforms -- the white jersey with the smurf blue pants. To my knowledge, they've only worn them once -- against Houston last year. Thoughts?

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

My favorite unis at this point are the all-black ensembles the Jags and the Saints have sported. Put together with black shoes, they just look tough.

3. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Like the Texans' dark blue with red stripes.

As long as Jacksonville sticks to all white unis, they're golden. The teal tops suck.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Despise the Broncos and Titans uniforms. Fs for both.

Always loved the Raiders' look. Colts and Steelers are great. I tried to hate the Panthers' uniforms but couldn't. Love the logo.

And the Rams have the best helmets in football. They look a little different than when Fred Gehrke first painted the curly horns on his helmet in 1947, but they're still the best.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Uniform playoffs

AFC EAST: Jets
    AFC NORTH: Steelers
    AFC SOUTH: Colts
    AFC WEST: Raiders
    Wildcards: Chargers and Dolphins
    Steelers beat Jets in Conference final

NFC EAST: Cowboys
    NFC NORTH: Bears
    NFC SOUTH: Saints
    NFC WEST: 49ers (I still don't know why the Seahawks changed their classic unis)
    Wildcards: Giants and Vikings (Lions would have been in conference final if they didn't touch their uniforms a few years ago).
    Conference final: Saints over the Cowboys
    Super Bowl: Saints edge Steelers (due to Steelers changing the font on their numbers a few years back)

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Nicely done wi.

My only disagreements are with Atlanta, Minnesota and Washington.

Atlanta should go to the Bartkowski Gritz-Blitzers now, if not sooner.

Minnesota's new duds are so Denver-meets Arena League, a B is way too high for them.

The Redskins are classic with a unique color. I don't feel that hate.

And, I loved Buccaneer Bruce and the bright orange, with white and the red trim.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Not with that stupid, effete sans-serif number, it is not anymore.

The helmet is. I'll give you that.

8. Of the 43,503 combinations they tried last year, they need to just pick one home and one road.

My vote
    Home: Navy jersey with smurf shoulders and white pants
    Road: White jersey with navy shoulders and navy pants

I like the navy and white, the smurf should just be a slightly used accent color. And I don't care for the alternate jerseys for anybody. It's just a scam to get people to buy more overly-expensive jerseys.

9. Colton

Colton Active Member

I'm not sure why, but I've always preferred numbers on the sides of the shoulders instead of on top.

As a Browns fan boy, I love the brown jerseys and white pants, can live with the all whites, but if they ever go back to those orange pants or -- even worse -- those godforsaken orange jerseys they wore a couple of years ago, we're quits.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Without looking it up...

I always thought the logo was an experiment when it was first introduced. It was decided to try it on one side of the helmet, but it looked so good on the single side, that it just stuck that way.

For those of you against the new Steeler numbers...

[​IMG]

I always thought the man made the clothes. Five rings should grade the Steelers up to an A.

11. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Damn the Broncos for knocking the AFC West off the dean's honor roll.

12. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I'm not a huge fan of the Saints unis when they go all-black. I think the pants need a stripe or something, and it always makes them look slow to me. But I'm a fan of simplicity, so the overall approach is good.[/fanboylooser]

Draft saved Draft deleted