1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2007 Home Run Derby thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Jul 8, 2007.

?

Who do you think is going to win this year's derby?

1. Miguel Cabrera

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Prince Fielder

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  3. Vladimir Guerrero

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  4. Ryan Howard

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Justin Morneau

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  6. Magglio Ordonez

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. Albert Pujols

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  8. Alex Rios

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I'm throwin' my vote to Howard. He's coming back around and I gotta support the Philly guy. And who do you think is the biggest WTF entry in this: Ordonez or Rios?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

If you're sitting in right field, please, for the love of God, beat the shit out of Zach Hample.

3. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

BYH, you almost got me to threadjack my own thread. Anyway, who's going to hit the most balls into McCovey Cove?

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Is it just me, or has the Home Run Derby, much like the Slam Dunk Contest, lost its appeal? I was not all that enthused about it this year, and that was before Griffey and Bonds declined to participate.

It's not a great live television event, and too many players have screwed up their swings (People's Evidence No. 1, Bobby Abreu) that it has impacted the remainder of their seasons.

5. I watch it every year and if I'm working, I tape it. I never get tired of seeing 480 or 500-foot home runs. And even before two Phillies won it in the last two years, it was always a don't-miss event for me.

Oh, and I'm taking Howard over Morneau in the finals.

6. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Howard wins it again. Vlad surprises everyone with a mammoth shot into the glove in left-center.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Fielder over Morneau in the finals.

Big guys have the advantage of being able to muscle out pitches they don't quite crush.

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Do you think anyone will hit it over the scoreboard in center? Or over the bleachers in left?

9. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

That's a solid line-up they've got this year, and it makes me happy to see that they're actually putting some effort into this. Unlike that damn Slam Dunk contest, who I'm convinced will be headlined next year by Brian Scalabrine and Ira Newble.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Actually, with no Berman doing this, aren't we all winners?

11. markvid

markvid Guest

He's not? Who is?

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ahhh hell, never mind... I was hoping TBS had it too..

Draft saved Draft deleted