1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2007 Heisman Trophy winner

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Dec 5, 2007.

?

Of the four players listed, who wins the Heisman?

1. Arkanasas junior running back Darren McFadden: 304 rushes; 1,725 rushing yds; 20 total TDs (15 rushi

16 vote(s)
    29.1%
  2. Florida sophmore quarterback Tim Tebow: 217-317; 3,132 passing yards; 51 total TDs (29 passing, 22 r

27 vote(s)
    49.1%
  3. Hawaii senior quarterback Colt Brennan: 337-472; 4,174 passing yards; 46 total TDs (38 passing, eigh

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  4. Missouri junior quarterback Chase Daniel: 372-534; 4,170 passing yards; 37 total TDs (33 passing, fo

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Tebow will win.

I covered LSU's win against Florida and LSU's loss to Arkansas. During the Florida game, I was saying to myself, "I don't know if LSU can stop this offense." During the Arkansas game, I kept saying, "LSU needs to keep the ball so McFadden can't have it." I literally thought every time he had the ball, he was about to score, no matter the distance from the end zone.

2. PhantomPunch

PhantomPunch Guest

I agree. All the signs, if you look around online, are for Tebow. It won't be as close as some think, either. Tebow wins by a decent margin, but not a big margin.

What bugs me is this: Kevin Smith was a stud, even against "Mighty Texas" and anyone else around. And he can't even get a little party in New York as one of the finalists. How suck is that? I could put Kevin Smith at No. 2 in my vote, and right here:

1. Tebow. Yeah, you hate him, but he's so damn good. Florida didn't have a good running back this season, so Tebow took over there. Total Heisman job.

2. Smith. This guy deserves it, too, and the Doak Walker Award and plenty of other stuff. But no one gives a damn because he plays at UCF. Screw that, he beat up Texas pretty hard in a loss, and only Barry Sanders can say he ran for more yards in a season. Kevin Smith is getting screwed for playing on a slightly smaller team.

3. McFadden. Another great year. Runs great, throws the ball well also. Tebow gets the nod here, and by a decent margin, and although I love McFadden, I think people should be talking about Kevin Smith more. McFadden and Smith in a toss for second place here. Both of those guys are great.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Anyone who accuses Meyer of padding Tebow's stats hasn't seen the horseshit running backs Florida has had the past two years. Their starter last year (DeShawn Wynn) was gutless. The starter this year (Kestahn Moore) is a fumbler. Blame Meyer for not getting a decent back in there, but he's done what he's had to do with Tebow getting so many carries.

4. PhantomPunch

PhantomPunch Guest

Exactly. Tebow wins the Heisman. And he should.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Is that the Wynn who is with the Packers? Gosh, he must really suck.

6. Hackwilson191

Hackwilson191 Member

He really does and he was horrible at UF, not enough speed to work in the offense.

Moore is even worse, though. He simply loses the ball at key times. Meyer pulled his ass off the field more than anyone I have ever seen. Moore won't even sniff third string next year for the Gators.
    Emmanuel Moody will be the feature back, letting Tebow run less, Mon Williams - who was supposed to be the guy this year before an ACL injury will be the back up and some 5-star Freshman will beat out Moore.

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I would vote for McFadden, but I think Tebow will be the recipient.

8. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

I went 1. Tebow, 2. McFadden, 3. Kevin Smith.

Wouldn't mind seeing McFadden win. Figure Tebow will.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He did with Florida.

Draft saved Draft deleted