1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2007 Heisman Trophy winner

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Dec 5, 2007.

?

Of the four players listed, who wins the Heisman?

1. Arkanasas junior running back Darren McFadden: 304 rushes; 1,725 rushing yds; 20 total TDs (15 rushi

16 vote(s)
    29.1%
  2. Florida sophmore quarterback Tim Tebow: 217-317; 3,132 passing yards; 51 total TDs (29 passing, 22 r

27 vote(s)
    49.1%
  3. Hawaii senior quarterback Colt Brennan: 337-472; 4,174 passing yards; 46 total TDs (38 passing, eigh

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  4. Missouri junior quarterback Chase Daniel: 372-534; 4,170 passing yards; 37 total TDs (33 passing, fo

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

This argument was made before, and it's bullshit. You get six points for a touchdown, whether it's 1 or 99 yards.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Sorry ... you cleaned them out of stupid pills.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hondo! Welcome back. We were going to send a search party.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Obviously, it's going to be Tebow or McFadden, but I'm glad Brennan got an invite. That's my only contribution to this thread.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Brennan had a great season, regardless of the inane system quarterback argument, and absolutely deserved an invite.

6. sportschick

As Brennan's coach (June Jones) pointed out, Tebow's a system quarterback as well. He couldn't run Hawaii's system, just like Brennan couldn't run Florida's.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I absolutely agree. Joe Montana was a Hall-Of-Famer because he was in the perfect offense for his talents. If he played for the Raiders, would he be as good as he was?

Jones is correct. Brennan has played in a NFL system for four years and has pretty much mastered it. I think he'll be a good quarterback at the next level. Tebow, I believe, will end up being a NFL running back.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I've never liked the whole system qb argument, but for some reason, it seems to have some credence for me here as to why McFadden should win the Heisman over Tebow.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

What? Those 12 one-yard TD runs haven't swayed you to Tebow?

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Brennan did not get an invite, he got an invitation or he got invited.

Invite is NOT a fucking noun, it is a verb. It offends my sensibilities as a former writer and current editor when people butcher the fucking English language lkike this!

END OF EDITOR RANT.
    We now return you to your regularly-scheduled program, "Hondo loves Tebow," already in progress.

11. sportschick

Dear spnited,

Bite me.

Love,
    SC

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Brennan had a higher comp % (71.4-68.4) but Tebow had a lower INT % (1.89-2.97) higher TD % (9.15-8.05) and higher yds. per attempt (9.88-8.84).
    Sure makes Tebow look like the better QB even before you get to running.

Draft saved Draft deleted