1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2007 Heisman Trophy winner

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Dec 5, 2007.

?

Of the four players listed, who wins the Heisman?

1. Arkanasas junior running back Darren McFadden: 304 rushes; 1,725 rushing yds; 20 total TDs (15 rushi

16 vote(s)
    29.1%
  2. Florida sophmore quarterback Tim Tebow: 217-317; 3,132 passing yards; 51 total TDs (29 passing, 22 r

27 vote(s)
    49.1%
  3. Hawaii senior quarterback Colt Brennan: 337-472; 4,174 passing yards; 46 total TDs (38 passing, eigh

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  4. Missouri junior quarterback Chase Daniel: 372-534; 4,170 passing yards; 37 total TDs (33 passing, fo

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yes, it's another poll.
    However, I do hope it's not as stupid as some of our more recent ones.

I'm interested to see who the SJ brain trust thinks will win the Heisman this Saturday.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I think McFadden should win it, but your question was who we thought would win it. I'd put my money on Tebow.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Agreed with ondeadline. I think McFadden is a better player, but I think Tebow will win it.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Someone made the observation that some will vote for McFadden because he's a junior and Tebow isn't, while it was also noted that McFadden will also be the only black finalist and that will make a difference as well.
    I'd say McFadden, in one of the closest votes in the history of the Heisman.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I don't think you can go wrong voting for McFadden or Tebow. That said, McFadden's monster game against LSU swayed my vote.

I think the voting will break down as follows:
    McFadden
    Tebow
    Daniel
    Brennan

6. John

John Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine's ballot:
    1.) Darren McFadden
    2.) Tim Tebow
    3.) Todd Reesing

I think it will be Tebow, McFadden and Daniel.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Tebow gets a lot of hype for the the 20 and 20 passing and running touchdowns, but those touchdown runs averaged to less 5 yards per, even with a 23 yard td run. Based purely on stats, considering he played a lot less than Tebow, I'd give it to Colt Brennan.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm with DanO.

9. Darren McFadden is the best college football player in America.

But Tebow probably will win.

10. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Yeah, but he also ran and passed the Gators down the field to get in position for those TDs. It's not like he was a short yardage back who just came in and cleaned up on one-yard plunges. Tebow was a little more consistent than McFadden and he played against far better competition than Brennan, whose "big test" was against the last-place team in the Pac-10. Tebow will win, and I don't think it will be as close as most people expect.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ten replies and no hondo?

Someone check in on him. I'm worried.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

He went to the store to buy some mouthwash.

Draft saved Draft deleted