1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2007 Dallas SJ outing (Canceled)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Re: 2007 Dallas SJ outing

OK, here are the home dates for the Rangers in June and July:

June 5-7: Detroit (chance to jeer Kenny Rogers)
    June 8-10: Milwaukee (chance to jeer Doug Melvin)

June 19-21: Cubs (the big Sosa reunion)
    June 22-24: Houston (the ever popular Silver Boot series)

July 3-5: L.A. Angels (heated rivalry, a brawl is always possible, esp. with Padilla pitching)
    July 6-8: Baltimore (doesn't do anything for me)

July 19-22: Cleveland (chance to jeer Travis Hafner?)
    July 23-25: Seattle (hang out with Ichiro's posse)

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, that's why I'm looking for some more local input. I usually stay at my uncle's house on the Gleneagles Country Club in Plano. I've spent a few nights at the Adam's Mark downtown which is stumbling walking distance from the West End.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Wherever is more reasonable, that's my vote.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Beer prices, room rates or parking-lot handjobs?

5. Inky_Wretch

Okay, I'll have my aunt and uncle get a couple of their guest rooms ready. :D

And F_B, check the dates earlier in the thread. We're going with a weekend series.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Smacko's closed.

And I sure would piss on you, Irish. Might take a dump as well.

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Well, that's a shame about Smacko's.

Predictably classy response, Yawn. By the way, my lack of interest in meeting you has nothing to do with your political beliefs and everything to do with the fact that you are an internet troll. I have conservative friends, including a few close friends who are conservatives. I do not, however, have any friends who are hateful, spiteful creatures who get their jollies by provoking people on anonymous internet message boards.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Well, you know, if I was wanting anonymity, I'd stay away from any SportsJournalists.com activity.

What I read in yours, and possibly the unstated feelings of others, is a shame - a shame you can't have some lively arguments without getting really personal. I don't hate anyone - although any remark about gays is then labeled as "hateful" and thrown back as a weapon. I also take some pretty mean-spirited attacks on here from others whom I'm sure aren't as venomous as they seem.

Hell, if Hannity and Colmes can get along, I'm sure 90 percent of the rest of us can. I don't think of myself as being in that 10 percent. And I'm sure that once people meet each other face to face, even the muddiest slinging is toned somewhat. Like you suggested, there's a safety in anonymity that is transformed once it's lost.

9. Inky_Wretch

Gentlemen, this thread is reserved for discussions about a friendly get-together over a weekend of baseball and beer and barbeque. Please take your pissing match elsewhere.

Thanks.

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i don't think it's a pissing match, because only one said they'd piss -- which doesn't make much of a match

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Simply note that my first post was NOT hostile.

12. Inky_Wretch

As my father would say when my brother and I were fighting, "I don't give a damn who started it, but both of you end it now."

Let's get the discussion back onto the Dallas outing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.