1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2007 Dallas SJ outing (Canceled)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

must be a tradition i haven't experienced.

um, not so much.

2. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Baseball. Schedules. Not. Out.

Hosts' decision.

3. As an avid baseball fan, I know that all MLB teams play in June. I just saw a game tonight, in fact.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It'll be when Darling Joe and I can both finagle time off, and we'll announce it ASAP after the schedules are released.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm in for 2010.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

The liberals must have been running from the rumor that Yawn had almost successfully negotiated Hannity and popular local conservative talkshow host David Gold to be in Big D for the gig.

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Well, that's disappointing, but now that I think about it, I guess I'm not surprised. That's a forgotten corner of central Austin, cut off from downtown by Cesar Chavez and cut off from the East Side by 1-35. Homeless people and other random urban roustabouts used to congregate at nearby Palm Park...also, there are lots of hidden places down by Waller Creek where people can go to try to sleep, fuck, drink or drug in private. With the east side of downtown increasingly gentrified, I bet some of downtown's seedier activities have been pushed down into the Rainey Street area. That's a shame, because there are some cool, fairly well-kept old houses down there...great gardens...very lush down by the creek and the lake.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You bring this thread back for that bullshit? Yep, you are nothing but a troll.

9. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Austin attendees, there is an Extended Stay America near the corner of the Drag and 6th that gave me a rate of around $59 a night five years ago when I was there for some tournaments. It's a 10-minute walk from all the festivities of 6th. Hell, at this point that might not be the name of it but whatever property is there should be well-maintained and safe.

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

In 2010, Doc and I have offered to host for KC, but since Doc is from Chicago, we could help host a Chicago outing, too.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

This thread is now locked at the request of people because Yawn, as usual, somehow turned it political.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.