1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2007 best year in movies in a long time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This may have been one of the worst summers for movies ever...

Spiderman and Shrek were two movies that I loved the first two, but I absolutely hated the third versions of both...

I know I'm in the minority on Transformers and Simpsons, but I thought both were mediocre at best...

The best sequels were Die Hard and Bourne Ultimatum...

I loved both Knocked Up and Superbad, but Hot Fuzz is the funniest movie I've seen this year...

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Bad boy, goth Peter Parker was so bad it just killed that movie.

I really liked the way they did the Sandman.

Spider Man IV is not even on the books yet is it?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

III made a fortune, so I guarantee you there will be a IV... Hopefully, it won't suck as much as the third one...

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Once should be available on Netflix this week.

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

6. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Let's not forget "The Simpsons movie." Did it live up to the hype? Maybe not. Is it award-worthy? No way. I know I'll be buying it when it's released on DVD, though.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

They fell into the same trap the original Batman movies fell into -- too many villains. They could have gone a couple of ways, but Venom needed to be a much bigger part of whichever movie he was going to be in. They could have focused on Sandman, Harry/Green Goblin, had Peter find the black suit and get it off at the end and then saved Venom for IV, or gone half the movie with Peter fighting Goblin, the second half fighting Venom and Goblin and saved Sandman for IV (really, I could have done without Harry/Goblin altogether, but they did have to wrap that storyline). Either way, they simply had too many villains.

And they really need to stop having everyone on the planet see Peter's face. I know as a movie star with ego, he's probably got some clause in his contracts about face time, but it's ridiculous how often we see his face while he's in costume.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Congratulations, you scoured the internet to find the only bad review of Juno -- from a readerless blog (Incidentally, it's running 94 percent on rottentomatoes.com, and an extremely rare 100 percent from legitimate media). Have you even seen it? It's tremendous. Maybe everyone else is wrong and you're right, but I doubt it.

This year was by no means horrid. No Country was great, Michael Clayton, Once, some really interesting stuff this year.

9. No Country For Old Men ... in my all-time top 5.

What a movie!

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

"And I mean any swinging dick that comes through that door."

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Not to threadjack, but I thought we did away with pics in sigs?

12. Can't wait to hit Wal-Mart at midnight to get Once. I haven't seen No Country For Old Men, Michael Clayton or Juno yet, but Once is top 1-2 this year for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted