1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2007 best year in movies in a long time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I just saw Enchanted. It goes onto my top 10 list.

Still have to see Juno, American Gangster, Before The Devil Knows You're Dead, The Savages, Michael Clayton, Charlie Wilson's War, The Lookout and The Lives of Others.

That viewing can only strengthen a top ten list that, for me, is as good as I can remember in about 15 years, maybe more.

I know there are some top-shelf celluloid posters here. Interested to get their take on that thought.

My top 10 now:

1. No Country For Old Men
    2. The Namesake
    3. Into The Wild
    4. Enchanted
    5. Ratatouille
    6. Once
    7. Zodiac
    8. Live Free or Die Hard
    9. Into the Valley of Elah
    10. Knocked Up

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I would like to own the hemlock concession at theaters that show that one. I'm not saying that it wasn't well-executed. But except for the opening scene in which we get to see Marisa Tomei naked and, well, appearing to be having a very good time, there was not a moment's cheer to be had.

But I agree, good year for movies. Alma made that point on another thread.

3. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

Enchanted?

Really?

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/50505/

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Make sure you see American Gangster, Simon. Think it will fit somewhere on that list.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Juno is terrific. American Gangster is damn good. My children are too old for me to see Enchanted.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I haven't seen many movies in 2007, but American Gangster was the best I've seen.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The fall and winter movies have been great...

Summer sucked...

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The "summer of threequels" did, indeed, suck. However, Transformers came out in the summer and it pretty much made the year for me. If I remember, you weren't much of a fan, but I thought it was a great movie.

10. pa writer

pa writer Member

I know there's been a lot of support for this movie, but when i consider my 10 best after seeing a few must-sees, I'm sure I'll go back to 3:10 to Yuma. Lots of fun, and I really enjoyed Christian Bale.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was very disappointed by Transformers and The Simpsons movie. Neither was bad, but I expected more... The only big summer film that I liked was Live Free or Die Hard.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I laughed as hard as I have ever laughed at 3-4 different times during Superbad. That would put it on my list.

Live Free was the third best movie in the series. This one just didn't do it for me.

I have only seen 40 percent of Simon's list. I Netflix because the wife does not like the theaters. She can't "multi-task" when in the theater. She always has to be doing something else when watching the movie. I can't. I am always 100 percent focused. At least she never asks me what happened.

Draft saved Draft deleted