1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2006 SJ.COM AWARDS -- Nominations due by Christmas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Thanks, Xan. I do what I can.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I prefer to keep my all-sj first-team picks confidential. As far as all-Canadian, ballscribe has a spot enternally on my list. Posts far too little and is money every time she does. The only newbie that just jumps out right now is Douglas, and for what he did he should be newbie of the year by acclimation. Some other people that I've noticed may qualify or not. If you qualify or know of some quality posters who qualify, maybe mention yourself or them on this thread. Post of the year would be another one to throw out suggestions, since there's so many good ones. I myself like Cranberry's point-by-point answer to Gwen Knapp on the Balco protest thread. Troll of the year will go to flipper as a blow for the fun trolls, not the crappy ones we're stuck with now.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Thanks for the support, Doc. I don't feel that I'm quite in top form since I returned from my long absence, but hopefully I can fire up the Durnago 95 and provide the board with some mirth for the holiday season.

For some reason, I find BYH's phrase "do not underestimate the veteran douchebags" amusing...I almost laughed during my last radio break because I was thinking about it while reading the weather.

I think the SportsJournalists.com awards should be more about celebration rather than condemnation, so I hesitate to suggest that future years should have more than one negative award. But maybe it should, as there are several posters on the board who are not, strictly speaking, trolls, but who do suck...maybe an Asshole of the Year award for non-troll douchenozzles.

Speaking of trolls, I almost miss the guy who had Law and Order Asshole (with his faithful canine Wulfie) in his sig. Almost, but not really.

I know its boring to vote for Bubbler, but he'll be on my all-SJ squad...I still laugh about the cold french fries story sometimes.

The Post of the Year category presents a difficulty in that some posts aren't accessible any more. But, I guess the true gems exist in collective memory, so perhaps that's not a big deal.

Mmmmmm....pussy_eaten. The original cockdian thread isn't in the same category as classics like Charlie Brown and Boots, but the evening when half the board changed their handles to include "cockdian" is a fond SportsJournalists.com memory of mine. I also really liked the Shocker thread.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I think there are more than 30 people on this site. :D

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I would rather scrape my eyeballs out with a rusty tire iron than vote for that monstrosity of a "thread."

6. dooley_womack1

I would say just vote for it, if you are so inclined, and if it gets enough votes, the issue would be worth revisiting. I really think the intent was to not allow voting for threads that had outings or really bad vitriol. I don't think it was intended to ban voting for a thread that was locked merely for running its course.

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

itsjustahyperbole ;)

Actually, I think it was close to half of the people logged in that evening...

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

What gave it away? The yeehaw part? :D

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

BYH, I think it was this part. :)

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Problem is, few here know the definition of insipid.

11. dooley_womack1

There was also that thread where a bunch of us changed our names to try to get Beej to come back.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Did he steal that from the LPGA Tour?

Draft saved Draft deleted