1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2006 SJ.COM AWARDS -- Nominations due by Christmas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Nov 24, 2006.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I agree Incredible. They are trolls for a reason. With the amount most of them post already, I can't see how they could ramp it up for awards season.

That being said, look for increasingly stupid threads from Olson, Nash and the like in the next month.

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Guess I'll just have to prove you both wrong.

colby an bron bron da mans fa shizzle u thtupid idyits back off i go do homwurk

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I've been openly wanting votes for Buck for a couple years now. I think I almost crashed the board in an election-night tizzy last year when he was overlooked...again.

THE MAN IS SHEER BRILLIANCE, people. He just comes in with the perfect line too often and people expect it or gloss right over it. They're one-line posts with ... well, everything you could want.

VOTE BUCK IN '06!

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

For the record, I vote for Buck every year.

5. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

I joined in August, so am I qualified as a newbie? I know that it doesn't matter b/c I'm up against the Almighty Whitlock and every other palooka that has joined, while I'm probably struggling to reach palooka level.

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I like Buck, too. But I think that whole dolphin-sex thing really hurts him with fundamentalist voters. If he admitted he had a problem, went to rehab and steered clear of aquatic theme parks for a while, he could reinvent himself and be a very strong candidate.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I do as well . Buck is a comedic genius. He can write a 1 sentence paragraph that is funnier than most can write in a full page.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm leaning towards Jones for Canuck of the Year--Runner-up Category. :)

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Dear F_H: When you get to tallying votes in the "Canadian ALL-SportsJournalists.com team," you'll find my vote under "Man, fuck those guys."

(Note: I have no problem with Canadians. As a matter of fact, I like Jones and JR. I'm just meeting my "Call Bullshit on One Thing a Day" quota.)

Yours truly,

OTR

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

DyePack can never win troll of the year, because he's shown intelligence and wit at times ... regardless of his one-track rant. We have other, more clearcut choices for troll.

I love da Buck as much as the next person ... but man, Bubbler's left us open-mouthed with some of his posts this year.

Finally, let's get a full list of the regular Canuck posters so we're not guessing.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I second Bubbler.

12. Jones

Jones Active Member

Bubbler is quality. But Bubbler also gets regular appreciation around here (deservedly). Buck's Crash to Bubbler's Brokeback Mountain.

Draft saved Draft deleted