1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2006 SJ.COM AWARDS -- Nominations due by Christmas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Yes, it's that time of year. A time to look back on the incredibly thoughtful and utterly ignorant things we've posted this past year and honor the best and worst through the 2006 SportsJournalists.com Awards!

Here are the categories:

All SportsJournalists.com: Nominate up to five members. (The All SportsJournalists.com first team will be the finalists for Member of the Year, which will be voted on after Christmas)

All Newbie SportsJournalists.com: For purposes of this award, anyone who joined SportsJournalists.com after Sept. 1, 2005 will be considered a Newbie. Those who joined after Sept. 1, 2006 are eligible but are also eligible for next year. Nominate up to five members (The first team will be the finalists for Newbie of the Year, which will be voted on after Christmas)

All Canadian SportsJournalists.com: Nominate again up to five members hailing from the Great White North

Post of the Year: Pick the post you believe was the best of the year

Thread of the Year: Pick the thread you beliece was the best of the year. (NOTE: Thread must have started BEFORE Dec. 1, 2005 to be eligible. Nuked and locked threads ineligible)

Troll of the Year: A new award, this honors the idiot that did the best job of inciting rage in SportsJournalists.com members through their insipid posts

Sports Journalist of the Year -- Print division: Pick the newspaper, magazine or Internet sports reporter you felt was the most outstanding this year.

Sports Journalist of the Year -- Broadcast division: Pick the television or radio sports reporter/broadcaster you felt was the most outstanding this year.

Sports Story of the Year: Pick the story you felt impacted the sports world more than any other this year. It does not need to be positive or upbeat.

I think this covers all the old awards (my fellow vets will let me know if I missed anything).

VOTING

You may cast your ballots via e-mail (freelancehack@gmail.com) or by sending me a PM. Votes will be accepted until 11:59:59 PM EST Dec. 25, 2006. Ensuing votes for Newbie of the Year and Member of the Year will be accepted for seven days following the initial posting of the nominees.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me. Thanks and good luck to all!

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If we exclude locked threads, we exclude the original Charlie Brown thread... :(

3. I'm sure that's an accident, Charlie Brown.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Turning down a romp in the hay, Charlie Brown.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Freelance, I don't think it is the thread of the year, but you gotta allow votes for Charlie Brown. And some people might, for example, think the Jemele Hill threads are the perfect example of SportsJournalists.com wacky. That said, the Boots thread has gotta be it.

6. Jones

Jones Active Member

I fear that Troll of the Year might actually encourage these fucking... trolls.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I've been here for a few years and no thread has made me laugh to the point of tears like the original Charlie Brown thread. Boots' thread is second. But that's just on the Anything Goes page. Lots of good threads on the other boards. Going to be a tough choice this year.

Indeed.

Oops, Bob Ryan doesn't like one-word graphs.

Indeedalee do.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Agree. Nothing good can come of a bunch of useless newbie morons competing for the Ultimate Stupid Challenge.

9. Sports Journalist of the Year: Mark Fainaru-Wada and Lance Williams. End of category.

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Winner of Troll of the Year will recieve banishment from SportsJournalists.com and the beatiful Cockdian Trophy:
    [​IMG]

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

BTW, if a moderator sees this thread, giving it a sticky for at least a couple days would be good.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Where's the All Southern SportsJournalists.com list? If we're going to have a special award for members living north of the 49th parallel, shouldn't we honor people living south of the Mason-Dixon?

Or is this yet another example of the Great White North bias that exists on this site? :D

Draft saved Draft deleted