1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2006 question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by digger, Dec 31, 2006.

1. digger

digger New Member

Hey everybody,

Longtime reader, seldom poster here.

I read through all (or almost all) the posts looking back at the board through the whole year, and was wondering if everybody forgot one of the most entertaining osters: remember the sports editor of some small weekly in like delaware or maryland who was posting about how he's written books and such and he was so much smarter than everyone else?

Can someone post a link? I can't remember his name or anything.

Thanks in advance

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I think you just described half of the board with that thinks they're smarter than everyone else comment.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The rest of us KNOW we're smarter than everyone else.

4. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I'm not smarter than everyone.
    But, like TIME, I'm more intelligent than YOU.

(and why would anyone read every post? talk about some down time. i have a few kids if you're looking for something to do.)

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My cat is smarter than most of the people on this board :D

(kidding, I swear)

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Yeah, I remember that guy. He said he was from California and said it was his real name. It was some sort of Italian name.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Was he the investment banker? He probably got a huge bonus from Goldman Sachs and has no need for us mere mortals.

8. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Fuck, I actually do remember this now. Bob something, maybe? might have been lost, didn't we have a crash in april?

9. digger

digger New Member

Ha, I've definitely had some down time, an injured back kept me out of work for a few days.

Draft saved Draft deleted