1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2006-07 SJ.com March Madness GAME TIME on Page 25

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Re: SportsJournalists.com March Madness GAME TIME on Page 25

Maybe it's a product of being in a newsroom environment for the better part of 15 years, but I'm conditioned to expect the numbers in AP style. As in, if I saw "4 minutes" or "he scored 3 points" or "at last count, 6 people died in the tornado", it'd throw me for a loop. But that's me -- I'm sure there's plenty of others who wonder why we don't use numbers for everything.

Or we could go the other direction and use numbers as words. R U 4 that, or R U 2 lame?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Suggested headline:

FRAUD NO MORE!!!
    QUICK SHOOTING BYH OVERCOMES TITS, PUSSIES*** TO WIN FIRST SJ TITLE

***referencing Sportschick's kitty-intensive campaign

Wow. Now I know how Susan Lucci must have felt. You are all too kind. I can only hope Myles Brand doesn't come sniffing around here.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

And with less than 24,000 posts. Wow.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

GODDAMN IT AP, WHERE THE FUCK IS THE OPTIONAL?!?!?!?!!!!!!!11 </myriad "fuck you AP" threads>

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

and I need some agate....jesus christ!

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

BYH's eight-second offense caught us off guard, and although we were able to make adjustments, it was simply too late. We were already too far behind.

Tough matchups against Spnited and IJAG left us tired, and Hank_Scorpio's and Slappy's crowd noise distracted the kitten defense.

We'll work on our obvious weaknesses and come back a better and more prepared poster next year.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No way, because as Olivia Newton-John sang, "Have to believe we are magic, nothing can stand in our way."

Songbird will shock the world in '08!

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

BYH, just more proof that it's good advice to Don't Stop Believin' ...

[​IMG]

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

These guys are going to perform at the celebratory parade.

[​IMG]

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

FRONTRUNNER!!!! :D :D :D

They've got nothing else to do, that's for sure. Ever since that album, as a matter of fact. :D

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Eds: OPTIONAL

By Angola!
    The Associated Press

LAKE TAHOE, Nev. -- One year to the day, Cinderella found her shoe.
    After George Mason's run ended in the Final Four in 2006, BYH captured the SportsJournalists.com March Madness title with an 87-77 win over sportschick Sunday at McIver Arena.
    "Wow. Now I know how Susan Lucci must have felt," BYH said. "You are all too kind. I can only hope Myles Brand doesn't come sniffing around here."
    BYH (33-1) jumped out to an early 22-7 run, as sportschick looked intimidated by the championship game atmosphere. Sportschick did put a rally together to open the second half, cutting BYH's lead to 54-51, but BYH responded with 10 points in eight seconds to blow the game open.
    "The eight-second offense has been a gift given to this team, a gift that I never want taken away," an emotional BYH said. "Honestly, it is a gift from God and I wouldn't have been here without the talent, the eight-second talent that God has given me."
    BYH won the first national championship in school history. It was also the first time BYH University had ever made the SportsJournalists.com March Madness tournament.
    "Sportschick was a very good team and we knew we had to play the best we could possibly play to get past her," BYH said. "God willing, we did it.
    "We will celebrate for about 24 hours and hit the recruiting trails after that."
    Sportschick was making her 33rd consecutive appearance in the tournament, but her first in the title game.
    "BYH's eight-second offense caught us off guard, and although we were able to make adjustments, it was simply too late," sportschick said. "We were already too far behind. Tough matchups against Spnited and IJAG left us tired, and Hank_Scorpio's and Slappy's crowd noise distracted the kitten defense.
    "We'll work on our obvious weaknesses and come back a better and more prepared poster next year."
    ESPN's Erin Andrews reported late Sunday sportschick head coach iloveyoungboys will be fired by the university Monday at a noon EST press conference for violating a no lesbian policy.
    iloveyoungboys did not return phone calls requesting comment Sunday.

Draft saved Draft deleted