1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2006-07 SJ.com March Madness GAME TIME on Page 25

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Re: SportsJournalists.com March Madness

:mad:

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

How did you compare yourself to Bradley without referencing the Braves beating KU in the first round of last year's tournament? You're slipping.

3. Re: SportsJournalists.com March Madness

I'm guessing it's because KU has shit the bed early in the tournament so frequently in recent years, they all kind of bleed together. VIVA LA SELF!

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Hey, I don't like Bradley anymore or less than I like Kansas. I didn't make the tourney, though, so I can't call myself Missouri State and I'm certainly not Mizzou; although, I'm sure some would say I have plenty of controversy. I think I've done pretty well this year. It just wasn't good enough.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I think I'm pretty well taking the Bradley tag ... meaning: We knew we weren't getting in the dance, so we're waiting for the NIT bracket.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

We're doing a story tonight about a team who is practicing for the NIT. I mean, the questions are geared toward the NIT and what it's like to practice for it after losing in your conference championship game. I laughed when I saw it on the budget.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Proveably hung. Demonstrably hung.

8. Re: SportsJournalists.com March Madness

Yeah. We had a story like that on one of the networks here last night. The anchor asked the school's SID about the team's chances in the NIT. Of course, the NIT brackets aren't yet set, so how the fuck can an SID know the team's chances? That's the kind of hard-hitting reporting you get here.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hello, Sports PREDICTOR here?? That's a PREDICTOR?!?! Of Sports!!! And I get a 12 seed?? Against A GIRL?? AND I'm predicted to lose??

You will soon learn why I am The Sports PREDICTOR. If you haven't already, that is. Recall my brilliant "Notre Dame = FRAUD" thread (http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/31377/) where I called for a 10-3 record that would include a bowl-game loss. Remember my RIP Braves call of 5/6/06 (http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/38531/#quickreply) for which I received much derision. OK, so later I said the Marlins would finish with a better record than the Braves; they came up a game short. I also predicted that the Feb Duke/UNC game would be the greatest game ever played -- and it was! (http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/1010005/)

So you can bet those titties are going to get a good whacking as THE SPORTS PREDICTOR lives up to his name and rolls through this tournament.

10. Re: SportsJournalists.com March Madness

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

HA!

12. Re: SportsJournalists.com March Madness

Mine was on purpose. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted