1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2 truths and a lie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He and I did black tar heroin together. :D

2. I'm on car #3 after totalling two before graduating college
    I was a lead in multiple high school musicals
    I've never won a fantasy baseball league

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Who was the actress?

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Sorry, couldn't resist.

5. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

• I have covered games in which Jason Sudekis played basketball.
    • I once covered a junior college football game in which Jason Pierre-Paul was hauled off in an ambulance but returned and continued to dominate.
    • I once saw Jason Whitlock pick meat off a turkey at a buffet with his bare hands.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Well, it was supposed to be the other way around. It was supposed to say "I can swim."

Well, I can't.

I smoked a joint with Willie at a concert in Little Rock years and years ago. I've read the Scarlett Letter seven times, including three times in college for literature classes and assignments.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Up until two weeks ago, I thought of this to be true. I found my birth mother and she is an American. I had been told via the agency a muddled story. She is French-Canadian heritage, not French.

I did work with Mike Shaw at both a bar and a radio station. Mike went by the name Bastion Booger in WWE and Norman Smiley in WCW. He was a big dude and was very nice and loved to tell stories of the road. He also showed me Vince's card with his cell phone written on the back. A few times he would show up on TV late in his life and it was always fun to point out that I knew him.

The two no-nos I saw were Zambrano's in Miller Park against Houston (I was driving through Milwaukee and heard about the game being moved there because of Hurricane Ike hitting Texas). Tickets were like 15 bucks and you could sit wherever.
    The first was John Wasdin throwing a perfect game for Nashville in AAA. It happened the same day as Melo won the National Title with Syracuse. I also remember he threw a curve on a 3-2 count with 2 outs in the 9th. Cajones!

9. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Since I know you I won't give this one away, my man.

10. joe

joe Active Member

My thumbs are double-jointed
    I have gone 150 mph in a Champ car
    I know how to butcher a pig

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

- I have two autographs, Steve Martin and O.J. Simpson
    - I have testified before a federal grand jury
    - I once lost a job after I got caught screwing the boss's wife.

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

- As a child, Richard Petty held me in his arms
    - I can play three instruments
    - I have run a marathon

The lie: I can't play three, or even one, musical instrument. The only musical device I can is the radio.

Draft saved Draft deleted