1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2 truths and a lie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I will say two, you can hold all the Grammys and try on all the green jackets you want, you don't lift the Cup unless you've won it.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I know a staff photographer who drank from the Stanley Cup in the postgame locker room.

Not the best ethics, but it didn't bother him. He was a longtime fan, and the guys on the team considered him a friend.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I had a guy get all pissy with my friend because he kissed the Cup at the Hockey Hall of Fame in a picture. My buddy basically said to him: "Listen, I ain't ever going to get to play for it...so eff off."
    I still have yet to touch the Cup myself, but I get his point.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

1 and 2 are true. My first wife went to church with a guy who won a handful of gospel Grammys (fixed) and I held one at a party at his house.

I lifted the Cup after Anaheim won it in 2007. I was in the Ducks locker room waiting for postgame interviews and a colleague told me the Cup was on the ice. I went out, just wanting to see it and maybe touch it when another reporter said “hand it to him.” Ethically I should have refused, but it happened so fast my only thought was “don’t drop it.” Fortunately, the guy who said to hand me the Cup snapped a picture for me.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Huggy and spikechiquet like this.
  5. Slacker

Wait, WTF? You said GRAMMY! :confused:

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

You’re right, it’s a Grammy. Doh

7. Slacker

Our photog said the same thing, basically.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

yep.
    did # 1 today
    #2......it's only 6 in a row
    #3....done at local club back in 1997. (#6....#16 at Southwind CC.)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

You are rapidly becoming an extreme Grammy Nazi.

spikechiquet likes this.
  10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

1. the trophy in my fantasy football league is made from the same mold as the Lombardi Trophy, except it's only silver on the outside.
    2. Howard Stern read one of my newspaper columns about him on the air and I started getting death threats from his fans
    3. I am Maureen Dowd

Draft saved Draft deleted