1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2 Live Stews

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Barsuk, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Yeah.....everybody on here is a huge fan of Bill Simmons.

2. boots

boots New Member

I didn't call you a racist and your homework is incomplete. The Stews didn't just come up during the Vick case.The've been around for a while. Blackistone isn't writing any longer and neither is JA.
    You say your actions were'nt meant to be racist. Great. However, don't be naive to think that there aren't many out there and on these threads thinking otherwise.
    And I still stand by my statement that the majority of stuff written bout blacks in media n these threads isn't in a positive light.

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I never saw or heard the Stews on ESPN television before the Vick case. I know they're quite popular in Atlanta, but they are far from qualified to comment on a national level, as are many of the foofs employed by ESPN, regardless of race.

And, yes, I know racism still exists on SportsJournalists.com and in the surrounding world. As for "the majority of stuff written about blacks in the media n these threads" not being in a positive light ... I would suggest you could make the same statement about the majority of stuff written on this board about anything or anyone.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

agreed. SportsJournalists.com is an equal opportunity basher.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Adande's working for ESPN.com on the NBA, and I heard Blackistone giving a spoken essay on "All Things Considered" yesterday. I believe he's working freelance, including regular appearences on "Around the Horn". NPR said he was living in Maryland.

6. boots

boots New Member

Why, in your opinion, are they not qualified to talk about something on a national level?

7. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Because, in my opinion, they are idiots. Actually, I should rephrase. The younger Stewart (Ryan, I think) is an idiot; the other one isn't too bad. He usually sounds like he is at least thinking about what he is saying rather than spouting nonsense.

8. boots

boots New Member

Let me see if I'm reading this correctly. Because you think they are idiots, they can't comment on a national topic? I didn't know that you had to be a Rhodes Scholar to have an opinion.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Their sphere of knowledge is limited to the Atlanta market or the big names/stories nationally, they are not very well informed on anything beyond that, and they don't do much of any homework/research on the topics they discuss. If you listen to their radio show for a short while, all this will be readily apparent.

10. boots

boots New Member

Captain, I'll buy the homework part but how do you or anyone else besides them know what their sphere of knowlege is? They are "emotional" sports fans who are paid to say what they feel. Not what they know and I won't begin to think I know what's in their heads.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I can get ill-informed and factually inaccurate opinions from any talk radio station in this country. You'd hope the ones who form good arguments and make you think would rise to the top, but this is evidently not the case.

This is evident in Colin Cowherd still having his job at ESPN Radio.

12. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

If I were, in fact, a Rhodes Scholar (or if I wasn't preoccupied with eating lunch while posting my response) that's what I would've said. Thanks, Cap'n.

When they were talking about Vick, they were at least somewhat knowledgeable and tolerable, but they were really grasping at straws for the few minutes I watched them yesterday.

Draft saved Draft deleted