1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2 Live Stews

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Barsuk, Sep 25, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

I don't think it's a stretch.
    I might be wrong here but I have yet to hear anything positive about a black radio personality or columnist - with the exception of Whitlock and he doesn't post on here like he once did. For the most part, it's almost always negative. Once in a while, there are some nice things said about Jemele Hill but there have been a lot of negative stuff too.

2. I'm not accusing you GB, if your post is directed at me. I was talking about boots' statement.

3. boots

boots New Member

What about the statement? Is there something false about it? If it is, tell me.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

No, no, I'm repeating my point to our friend that I'd rather see Hill or Chahida on the other side of the desk from Bayless.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Nothing 'false' per se, but the idea that people don't enjoy 2 live stews solely based on what they look like seems to me not the way things actually are.

I don't like them, because they bring nothing. I don't like Bayless much either, for the same reason.

I'd rather watch Hill, Chahida and Forde, because they make me think.

6. boots

boots New Member

I understand where you are coming from. But believe me, there is some truth in what I said.

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I think every poster who has said the 2 Live Stews bring nothing to the table will also say that Bayless is a blowhard.

It's not a race thing.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You're right, because none of us would ever dare say a negative word about Bayless, Woody Paige, Lupica, Albom, Kornheiser, etc.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Shapiro long ago proved that Atlanta sports radio was designed by / for idiots.

These two confirmed the notion.

10. boots

boots New Member

Oz, if you are going to use a quote, use the whole quote, not just a portion of it.
    As I said in a previous statement, I've yet to read anything positive about a black broadcaster or columnist with the exception of Whitlock, Wilborn and maybe JA Adonde. Jemele Hill has been raked over the coals. Stephen A. Smith was villified before losing his column, And Bill Rhoden can't get a break on these threads.
    I bring it up because someone reading the stuff here asked me about the racial overtones. I couldn't lie and say that there aren't some out here who spew hatred.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Except I wanted to address that specific part of it. Same goes for this post, with me deleting the rest. Sorry about that.

12. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Well, boots, since I started this thread, I must be the racist offender of which you speak. ::)

Anybody on this board who knows me will vouch that I'm about as far from a racist as I am from being asked to be one of the talking heads spouting bullshit on the ESPN family of networks, which is to say pretty damn far.

I don't care what color anybody is, if they're an idiot, I'll call them an idiot ... and the Stews are idiots. The reason I felt this worthy of a thread was because I was surprised to see these dopes still on ESPN after the bulk of the Vick storm has blown over. They're a pair of talk-radio blowhards who blew up during the heat of the Vick case and are enjoying their 15 minutes (God, I hope it's almost up.)

As far as black columnists I enjoy, let me offer up Bryan Burwell, Whitlock and Wilbon, among others. And though I don't read their columns on a regular basis, I like Blackistone and Adande when they're on television or radio, which is a lot more than I can say for plenty of white folks (i.e. Mariotti, Bayless, etc.)

Next time you want to call me a racist, boots, do your homework ... or leave the race-baiting to someone else.

Draft saved Draft deleted