1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2 Live Stews

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Barsuk, Sep 25, 2007.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You're right.

But everyone also rails about how absolutely terrible Skip Bayless is as well. It's just he's been on Cold Pizza/First Report so long that everyone's resigned to him being on there.

Where are Chahida, or Forde, or Hill? They bring so much more to the conversation.

2. boots

boots New Member

GB, it's a mean-spirited feeling that has lingered around here for too long and really needs to be addressed.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

But the point is they bring nothing. If I turn on First and 10 and see Forde or Chahida or Hill, I'm inclined to see what they have to say.

I have nothing against those guys making a living, but I never hear them say anything that makes me say "You know, I hadn't thought of that."

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with 2 Live Stews. I assume one of the Stews in question is Stew Scott.
    If that is the case, he does get bashed here often, as do Bayless, Berman, Lupica and Albom.

5. I don't know, boots. People around here complain about everything ESPN does and complain about most of the people on there. Playing the race card may not be the best move here.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Stu Scott is not involved here. 2 Live Stews are a pair of talk radio personalities.

7. boots

boots New Member

The 2 Live Stews are arguably the hottest thing in Atlanta radio, and are now nationally syndicated. They are brothers Ryan Stewart (ex Detroit Lion) and Doug Stewart.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Ah, my bad.
    In that case, I retract my statement.

9. boots

boots New Member

There is no such thing as a race card. And I'm not trying to cut you down but I'm tired of hearing that phrase.
    I'm giving the situation as it is. Some won't like what I'm saying and that's fine, but the facts kind of speak for itself.

10. But Buck you are right about the bashing of Bayless, Berman, Lupica and Albom.

So to say that the bashing of the latest ESPN personalities is because they are black, that may be a bit of a stretch.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

The same typical bullshit.

2 idiots trying to make a name for themselves by dumping on anything in their paths.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And I bring up again my point about Bayless.

The fact that I'm also bringing up Jeffrey Chahida and Jemele Hill as people I like watching and listening to should tell you something here.

Draft saved Draft deleted