1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2 killed, 7 injured in church shooting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Jul 27, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What is scariest about that manifesto is that it matches much of the rhetoric of a Michael Savage, Ann Coulter, and has other points similar to those made by Hannity, Goldberg, and Dick Morris. It's kind of hard to just dismiss the guy as a whacko when he echoes the thinking of some on TV and not think there is some sort of link.
    Now I'm not saying any of the above provoked this violent act, but I would hope people would learn how to make a point on TV, radio or in print without painting others as a threat that needs to be eliminated.
    Saddest part of all is that this guy sounds like someone who kept voting Republican and yet still wondered why his life wasn't getting any better.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

The might be your neighbors. They might be your children's schoolteachers. They might be your elected officials. They might be..... aw, well, never mind, you get the point.

And, to think, America was once upon a time afraid of closet communists??

3. CM Punk

CM Punk Guest

Ugh, yet another rube who buys into the red-blue, GOP-Democrat, conservative-liberal whatever. He seemed interesting until he brought the false schism of modern politics into it.

4. Congratulations, Sean. Michael, and Fat Junkie Sex Tourist.
    Nobody will ever say your audiences aren't motivated.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

That right the bear (fire)arms thing is REALLY working out.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'm sorry if it's inappropriate to inject some humor into this thread, but for some reason every time I hear about a "manifesto" I think of the PAGAN manifesto from the movie Dragnet.
    "We believe bad sex and good drugs are the cornerstones of a great democracy."

7. CM Punk

CM Punk Guest

Doesn't everybody?

Draft saved Draft deleted