1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2/4 Meet the Press - John Edwards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Feb 4, 2007.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Re: 1/4 Meet the Press - John Edwards

Me too.

2. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Did you always know W was a fraud?

I did. Don't blame me b/c I never voted for W. Two more years and our national nightmare will be over.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

That's what I said four years ago.

4. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I'm not a big fan of Edwards, either, but I like that he's guided by polls. He listens to the public. I am not voting for someone to rule over us like a monarch, I am voting for someone to serve us like a public servant. You see it as him telling us what we want to hear. I see it as a willingness to subordinate his will to the will of the people. Now I don't think I'd vote for him in the primary, but his flexibility is a big plus as far as I'm concerned, especially after suffering through six years of pure stubbornness.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Damn, I'm sorry. I missed this thread.

He also waffled on his stand on homosexuality; saying his position was based on "I'm a Southern Baptist" yet he said homosexuality was not a sin, which puts him on the opposite side of the very denomination he was crediting for his position on gay marriage. The man has no convictions. For or against gay marriage, can you really trust this sonofabitch? I thought I could enough to consider voting for him this time around. Not freakin' now.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Not sure what a lame-duck president has to do witb a discussion of one of the 2008 candidates, but okay.

7. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

My personal religious convictions are such that I do believe in Hell, and I hope there is space reserved in the hottest region there for those who presume to judge another person's fitness as a member of any religion.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah. And the Great Savior will come riding in on a beautiful stallion and, poof, things'll be so much better.

9. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

We really needed two John Edwards MTP threads?

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

My bad Wing. I didn't see one thread yesterday. It would suit me fine if they were combined.

11. leo1

leo1 Active Member

what's the 1/4 reference that i'm missing?

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

It appears that the original poster got January and February mixed up. The MTP edition in question was Sunday, Feb. 4.

Draft saved Draft deleted