1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2/3 of college kids have "sexted"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I'm glad I grew up in a time before cell phones and the internet where sex involved an actual girl in the back seat .

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't believe that stat for a second...

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think it's probably true in September.

And don't forget, none of them include "hooking up" as sex. They find some creative ways to preserve their virginity nowadays.

4. Dick Whitman

So apparently, sexting not as prevalent as previously thought.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57336444/sexting-not-prevalent-among-kids-study-shows/

I quoted my previous posts because I had wondered whether something seemingly innocuous like "Can't wait until you get home, if you know what I mean" counted as sexting in prior studies. Apparently, according to this latest story at least, it had.

Seems like the new study really focused on the kind of sexting that we would all be worried about. And only 1 percent of students 10 to 17 had done it (I understand that the previous study was about college kids - but I'm not all that worried about them. It's the high school kids and pre-teens that we all worry about.)

Another overblown panic extinguished. Or at least lessened, for those who care to listen.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I grew up in a time before cell phones and the internet, when sex involved dreaming of an actual girl in the back seat.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Nerds had BBNs when I was growing up, but the likelihood of BBN users having sex was nil.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I am OK with the sexting myth being blown to bits, but please let me continue to believe 90 percent of sorority girls are part-time lesbians.

8. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

I used to sext with my girlfriend, now we live together.

9. Dick Whitman

Which means no more sexting or sexing.

10. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

Ha, she'd probably reply "gross" if I sent her a sext now! ... and we plan to marry. /Shakes head, runs away.

Draft saved Draft deleted