1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2/17 Sports Reporters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Great seeing Bob Ryan.

But Marcos Breton?

If there was no Ryan, it would be unwatchable.

They should have had Ed Hinton on there.

2. Speedway

Speedway Member

With the broadcast coming from Daytona, was that the first time Ryan and/or Saunders had ever been to a NASCAR race? Not sure if Ryan ever gets up to Loudon. I have seen Selena Roberts before at a race.

Great suggestion regarding Ed Hinton. If they are going through the trouble of broadcasting from Daytona why not have a reporter with deep knowledge of racing.

Hinton would have been perfect - I thought he was always great on Wind Tunnel with Dave Despain. Are there any other racing writers with enough crossover appeal who could have worked on Sports Reporters today?

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

You want to book two reporters who can actually speak to the sport?

Dutton and Poole.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

They'd need to expand the show to an hour!
    I mean that as a compliment in case either of them takes offense and gets the red ass over that one.

5. Simon_Cowbell

I'll still pick Ed.

6. Moderator1

Ed can write his ass off. For nuts and bolts NASCAR talk (nuts and bolts, get it? Damn, I'm good) I'll take the other two.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Just answering speedway's request to broaden the choices.

8. Simon_Cowbell

I hear ya, but I'm basing my reaffirmation on his vocal story-telling ability.

9. Moderator1

No argument - hell, the three of them would make quite a panel. David for nuts and bolts, Ed for his stories and Monte to rip NASCAR.
    Monte, by the way, has written a good book on music. I'm not his agent, I just play one on a message board.

http://www.amazon.com/True-Roots-Americana-Revealed-Original/dp/0803266618/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1203279990&sr=8-2

10. Speedway

Speedway Member

To clarify what I was asking - who is the best suited NASCAR expert who can hang with a show like the Sports Reporters and discuss ball-and-stick issues as well as racing.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So that explains why no Loopy or The Dwarf this morning.. theyzuh hadda watch them some racin...

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted