1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2 1/2-month-old complaint

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Smallpotatoes, Aug 13, 2006.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

Wait 10 weeks and call her back, saying you got to the games you could get to.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

We have a winner

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That goes double.

Great post by Terd. You ain't gonna make everyone happy. Listen to the complaints. Try to weigh whether they have a point and go from there. No one is gonna be completely happy with the paper. In fact, the most avid readers are the ones who seem to threaten to blow the place up weeky.

So do your best, listen and consider the complaints but don't sweat them. Ulcers are no fun.

4. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

In the past year I received a hand-written letter from a man I wrote about during a prolonged NCAA investigation back in 1994.
    It's 12 years later, and he writes me to remind me he's still mad at me and blames me for all his problems, even though all I did was write about the illegal things he did that cost him his career and his family.
    I even had him on tape telling me did all those things.
    But it's my fault?
    Twelve years later?
    Time to move on, mister.
    Time to move on.

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Write him back and ask him if he still talks to Ray, Juwan, Jimmy and Jalen.

Draft saved Draft deleted