1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1st Rule of Upper East Side Mommy Club: Talk About Upper East Side Mommy Club

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, May 30, 2015.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

LOL. Not exactly what I was thinking.

But you could go there afterwards to remove fluids, perfume and glitter.

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Aha! I gotcha now.
    Chuck E. Cheese!
    Dem games eat up the ones like candy!

3. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Actually, there was a big case a few years back when an Upper East Side housewife pleaded guilty to running a brothel out of her home. So I guess there are worse things they could do with their time than redecorating the foyer.

'Soccer Mom Madam' pleads guilty - NY Daily News

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Is that a new term, like waxing or defoliating?

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

There is the Upper East Side. ... and there is Park Avenue. The story that started the thread was about a small subset of people who have their heads up their asses and live along a stretch of street with ridiculously expensive buildings -- on Park from the high 50s into the low 70s, for the most part.

The farther east away you get from Park Avenue and past Lexington Ave. toward the water, the less it is like that. They are really different worlds. The woman in your link -- the madam -- was on 78th near 1st Ave. It's not a bad neighborhood or anything. But it's the slums compared to the world in the link that started this thread. The madam in your story was catering to some wealthy men -- but she was running her brothel out of a rent-stabilized 1- bedroom walk up.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

We've located the woman's "Upper East Side" husband:

[​IMG]

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Exactly -- I lived on the UES for 8 years, but between 1st and 2nd Aves. The rent was still insane, but it wasn't within a galaxy of a building like what the author was talking about. The stories about the social coordinators who will get you to the "right" playgroups and the tutors who prepare kids from infancy for preschool interviews are just crazy.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

In her 40s...yet makes a quip about "post-menopausal" gray hair?

Either way...6.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted