1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1st Crush

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Feb 10, 2020.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

She was also lovely, too.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My brother did as well. I preferred Jaclyn Smith.

ChrisLong likes this.
  3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Jaclyn Smith and Cheryl Ladd. Farrah didn't do it for me, mainly because she sounded like a dingbat.

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

We're talking 1st. I'm old. My dad crushed on Cher, so her show was must-watch. (My dad was Armenian. Her dad was Armenian.)

cher8.jpg

As for me, I went for boobs. Lynda Carter, Carol Wayne.

I liked Jaclyn over Farrah, but I did have the poster (somebody gave it to me after I jokingly said that "Charlie's Angels" was my favorite show, before it even aired). A friend of mine was cast to be Farrah's sister in "Charlie's Angels" but Farrah didn't like her. My friend said Farrah was a *itch who accused the hair & makeup people of doing better work on my friend than Farrah (or so she said). My friend got in one episode. She was hypnotized then killed. The sinister guy hypnotized women to be assassins, or something like that. The Angels were sent in to uncover the plot.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jeana Tomasino from 1980 playboy
    She just stood out to me.
    [​IMG]

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Terri Welles....

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Terri Welles is in my all-time top 3 blondes that I have seen in person, maybe No. 1. When I covered the LA Kings, she was married to Charlie Simmer and was always around. My roommate had the great fortune to spend a little time with her (and others). He would pick me up at the airport after road trips. One was a charter home from Buffalo that landed in the cargo side of LAX at 3 in the morning. Some of the wives and girlfriends were waiting there in a van. He was invited in to drink Peppermint Schnapps. He didn't drink, but he did that night.

terri-welles-1980-12-cf.jpg

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No Kournikova posts yet? C'mon.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

As a first crush? How old do you think most of the posters here are?

poindexter likes this.
  10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

We're more the Chris Evert generation.

Driftwood likes this.
  11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I started with Chrissy, then there was Bettina Bunge, Carling Bassett, then Sabatini, oh man.
    I saw Sabatini in person in SF and she was smoking from 5th row. Then I found out she played for other team (deflating, in multiple ways).

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Tiegs, Parkinson and Cheryl Ladd would be my 1,2,3.

Huggy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted