1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

$1mil in Jack to go down the drain?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Highway 101, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Hundreds of bottles of Jack Daniel's whiskey could be going down the drain because it may have been sold by somebody without a licence. That's the law.

The estimated value is $1mil, possibly driven up by the value of the antique bottles which include 3-liter bottles and one bottle — with an unbroken seal — dates back to 1914.

http://www.sfgate.com/flat/archive/2007/11/15/news/archive/2007/11/15/national/a125256S24.html

Wasting such a commodity would be a travesty.

2. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Huh...

I thought this might bring together all of the whiskey drinkers here with feigned outrage and flat-out sarcasm. Oh well. Carry on.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Oh man. That sound you just heard was my dad hitting the floor after he fainted.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Once upon a time, Dad used to sell mobile homes in Middle Tennessee. One day, he came home with a story from a horrified co-worker. His fellow salesman, a committed drinker, had visited a couple at their trailer in Moore County, situated less than a mile upstream on the same creek that Jack Daniels uses as its water source.

They did not have indoor plumbing.

5. patchs

patchs Active Member

The ghost of John Belushi must really be pissed.

6. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut New Member

Amazing.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

After recently recieving a bottle of Zambuca that was at least 3 decades old, I cringe at the though of drinking a bottle of JD from 1916.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

I wouldn't dare.

Just the fumes alone would you make fuckin drunck really.

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

See, I made the mistake of taking a shot of the Zambuca (normally one of my favorites). The night was pretty much a catastrophe from then on.

11. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut New Member

Maybe the person who decided to age that bottle 30 years would like the patch of black jelly beans I planted in my back yard when I was in preschool.

Draft saved Draft deleted