1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1914 (WWI) vs. 2014 (WW3?)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Vombatus, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Silly boy. They'll be too busy building arks and gathering animals to debate about anything.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

This story I saw in the Telegraph this weekend concerns me.
    As a kid from Santa Clarita, I heard about the impending "big one" all the time.
    But I really do think a 7.5-magnitude event on the Puente Hills would be calamitous because it runs right under downtown Los Angeles.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10978030/Los-Angeles-awaits-earthquake-that-could-be-the-Big-One.html

3. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

Six years. Six long fucking years. Fire the damn manager (wait, we did - Hank O'Day). Well, fuck. Bring Chance back!

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Oh c'mon, they'll be fine. They've got that winning tradition, a new ballpark, and they're a big market team. Who's going to supplant them as baseball's dominant force, the Yankees? That team hasn't won anything!

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They couldn't even hold onto the Peerless Leader. They were so bad, he quit. Maybe Roger Peckinpaugh will be the guy to lead them.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

They've gotta beat the Red Sox first, and that's never happening. Never. That Ruth guy is going to have the Sox winning pennants for the next 25 years, I tells ya. He's a helluva pitcher.

7. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

Yep, glad that Red Sox owner didn't go for that "No, No Nanette" gig. And did you see that game the other day? Some guy named Bartholomew Bartman tried to catch a foul ball down the line, top of the ninth, and mind-in-the-game Cubs fans yanked him back and beat him to his senses. Cubs held on and won the damn game, thank God.

8. Baron Scicluna

Meanwhile, the Braves have done nothin' so far. I thought Evers was supposed to give them a spark?

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

God damn it AP, what's the holdup on the Federal League roundups?

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Bartholomew Bartman shouldn't have been wearing those huge vacuum tube headphones.

11. Baron Scicluna

That league is on really solid financial footing. But the Whales' ballpark has all the charm of a sweatshop. It'll never last.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Did you hear about the DiMaggios? They're about to have a baby. That kid's gonna be a born loser.

Draft saved Draft deleted